- Bradley recycled 28.97 tons of material 4th quarter of 2012…and recycled over 100 tons for 2012…the largest year ever! The average quarterly recycling tonnage for 2012 was 27.30 tons, a 193% increase from the prior year. If you have recycling suggestions or observations please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bradley has deployed and continues to add HalseyTaylor water dispensers that filter the water and also count container refills. The latest addition is in the Cullom-Davis Library. There are now 33 units producing more than half a million refills to date.
- The University recycles yard waste which amounted to approximately 68 tons of landscape waste in 2010 that was turned into compost. For 2011 that amount increased to 83 tons! Stay tuned for 2012 amounts.
- The Hayden-Clark Alumni Center has been designated a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) SILVER qualification. Westlake Hall is designed to obtain a GOLD LEED certification and that submission is in process.
- The new Alumni Quad has a section (Lydia’s Grove) that provides a sustainability feature in the form of a storm water infiltration garden. The area expands upon an existing basin and abstracts the sinuous form of a riparian corridor moving across the plains—this area adjacent to the bridge in the alumni quad, services to collect and treat the storm water runoff generated within the project area.